Based on article 1 paragraph 1 sub a 1º-10º and 14º of the NORUT the reporting duty applies to these financial services;
· fiduciary services, including: providing management services whether or not taking securities, banknotes, coins, government notes, precious metals or other values into custody
· opening an account on which a balance in funds, securities, precious metals or other values van be held
· renting a safe-deposit box
· making a payment with regard to cashing coupons or comparable documents of bonds or comparable negotiable instruments
· concluding a contract of insurance, as referred to in article 1, first paragraph, under a., of the Insurance Supervision Act and also providing related intermediary services
· making a payment pursuant to a contract of insurance, as referred to under previous bullet point
· crediting or debiting an account, or having an account credited or debited on which a balance in funds, securities, precious metals or other values can be held
· exchanging guilders or foreign currencies
· entering into an obligation for a payment, for the holder of a credit card, to the person who as accepted showing that credit card by the way of payment, insofar as it is not a credit card that can only be used at the enterprise or institution that has issued this credit card or at an enterprise or institution that belongs to the same economic unit in which the legal persons and companies are related organizationally
· taking receipt of funds or monetary instruments in the framework of monetary transfers in order to make these funds or monetary instruments payable elsewhere or have them made payable whether or not in the same form, or, in the framework of a monetary transfer, paying fund or monetary instruments or making such payable, after these funds or monetary instruments have been made available whether or not in the same form
· granting against payment in or from Sint Maarten for international companies, including at any rate:
- a. making natural or legal persons available as a manager, representative, administrator or other official for international companies;
b. providing domicile and office facilities for international companies;
c. establishing international companies or having such established, or liquidating such or having such liquidated by order of, but at the expense of third parties.
Based on article 1 paragraph 1 sub a 11º of the NORUT the reporting duty applies to these gaming services:
· offering prices and premiums, which can be competed for against payment of a value that is more than an amount to be determined by the Minister, in the framework of:
- a. the operation of games of hazard, casinos and lotteries;
b. the operation of offshore games of hazard.
Based on article 1 paragraph 1 sub 12º, 13º and 15º the reporting duty applies to these non-financial services:
· acting as an intermediary with respect to purchasing and selling real estate and rights to which real estate is subjected.
· dealing in vehicles, precious stones, precious metals, ornaments, jewels or other matter of great value to be designated by the Government Decree, providing for general measures, or acting thereby as an intermediary over an amount to be determined by the Minister that can be different for the various types of matters.
· giving advice of giving assistance as a profession or trade by the natural person, legal person or company performing activities that, as a lawyer, civil-law notary or junior civil-law notary, accountant, tax advisor or as an expert in the juristic, tax or administrative field, or in practicing a similar legal profession or trade, when:
- a. purchasing or selling real estate;
b. managing funds, securities, coins, government notes, precious metals, precious stones or other values;
c. establishing and managing corporations, legal persons or similar bodies;
d. buying or selling or taken over enterprises.
- · Customs (National Ordinance on the obligation to report Cross-border Money Transfer):
- - persons entering or leaving the island are obligated to report money for a value of NAF 20.000,- or more which they carry with them to import and excise duties officials.
- People entering or leaving who are demonstrably travelling together and who jointly carry with them money for a value of NAF 20.000,- are obligated to report money.
- Money transportation carried out by a professional carrier involving such amount as mentioned in the first dash point.